April 9th, 994
- Wow. That fight was Epic (level)!
- We head back to Castle Locatha and the storm has stopped completely
- We encounter the Stone Arm Scourge and one of his little golem guys.
- He tells us to meet PR III again. He has info.
- We go back through the same portal, and PR is there.
- The Deluvian Hourglass has moved and is nearby.
> Associate Zarenthal (the Imix Cult leader from Lambasa) can transport us to the ziggurat.
>The Hourglass was to be used by the Primordials in the Dawn War to take back the world from the gods.
-PR III wants Stonearm to come with us to the Hourglass. After much conversation, we decide that’s not gonna happen.
-We don’t really want to take Zarenthal back to the castle, but we do because he’s the only one who knows where to go. Craynor beats him up periodically.
- We fly the castle for several days south along the King’s Mountains under Zarenthal’s direction.
- We spot a figure (Emerth) flying on a silver sphinx (Samaa) appears with a message from Krombaalt the storm giant. In order to prove himself, he tells us that the king’s daughter is a bitch.
- Emerth says he needs our assistance.
- He wants to perform an arcane ritual with our castle as a focus. This will be a gift for Krombaalt.
- We’re down with this until he tells us that it will take many days.
- He did mention an ancient earthquake dragon named Kul-Gira who has not been heard from in many years and must be dead.
> We agree to meet him again in a week to help him with the ritual. He’ll find us.
- As we fly overland, we see battles are occurring in SW Terkent, and we don’t know why.
April 16th, 994
- We get to our destination and Arcane powers are diminished right now. Also, we smell sulfur.
- More and more flames.
- We get to a burning building. Clearly this is a place controlled by Imix.
- Zarenthal says we need to enter a ring of fire in order to be teleported to the ziggurat.
- “Look for the silver lake. Look for the ziggurat.”
- We see a ziggurat in the distance and head toward the clearing.
- Vani, Craynor, and Alphariel swim in the lake to see if they can find another way in. No luck.
- We go up the stairs and into the ziggurat. It’s about 400 feet tall.
- Vani flies down a pit in the entryway and sees a bone dragon about 60 feet down. We don’t go that way.
- Instead, we go into the main room that has a dome.
- ATTACKED BY MUTATED APES! AND GLIDERS! AND GUARDIANS!
> They die
> Rowena discovers that some of the aliens’ bodies adapt and develop a resistance to the first type of damage that hits them – seems very useful for them.
- The dome is cracked, and we could break it, but we don’t, then we do
- We follow one of the hallways for about ¼ mile, descending ~ 1000 feet to a room with more aberrant shit including a couple of gorgers, a gleaner, and more mutant apes with lots of extra body parts and slimey stuff. Blood fills channels, but it’s not that big a deal.
- Before he died, the gleaner spoke both in deep speech and common, telling us:
> “Turn back before the sublime potency of the sebaceous!”
> “You cannot hope to defeat all of us!”
> “When one sebacean falls, the Mad Architects send two more to take its place!”
> “Fools! You’ll be entombed here and forgotten forever!” and
> “You cannot postpone…the inevitable…”