Terkent Notes April 1, 2011
• Start with a perception check at mid-afternoon
o We see a dude in the woods wielding two axes, with hide armor and a helmet with bars in front and a bloodly eye ornament.
• Three of the axe dudes and one messed up hag-like chick.
• Gaard boldly charges into battle and surrounds himself with bad guys and pretty much takes care of them all himself.
• The other guys help some.
• Bui recognizes the markings on the baddies as those who worship Malachai, who is someone related to Ioun. But these guys have really messed up their worship.
• We kill everyone except one baddie pretty easily. (The DM is pissed, but we don’t care.)
• Rowena convinces the last baddie to drop his weapons and talks to him. She is tough.
• They serve Malachai and he still thinks we will die.
• They think we share their goal.
• They seek the Tear of Ioun.
• Bui tries good copping the baddie.
• Baddie laughs at Bui’s efforts.
• Baddie laughs again.
• We take a Mask of Slithering from the Tiefling.
• Give it to Pwi’lin.
o Gaard sees a humanoid barbarian, half-orc looking dude from across the river.
• He is Vaymeer of the Harrowfolk.
• He mentions the Forlorn Tower
• He will take us to it.
• The False Ones have taken it over.
• We might want to go there to kill bad guys.
• Mentions a city called Wellspring, but he doesn’t know anything else about the world beyond the Harrowood.
• He leads us to a place to rest on the way to the Tower.
• Dead Aberrations abound up a mountain path.
• We walk for about ¾ of a day through the blahblah mountains.
• We see the Forlorn Tower kind of in the middle of a waterfall.
o We come to the edge of the woods and look up at the Tower at about 8:00 in the evening on 11/16.
• Pwi really wants to wait here.
• Ben scouts ahead.
• One of the “dead” bodies comes to life. SURPRISE!! (duh)
• Bui runs away (he’s good at that), but the zombie still attacks.
o Zombie hits and grabs Ben.
o Ben smashes the zombie.
- Ben returns to the group. It is nearing midnight on 11/16/993.